Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Salad for Breakfast


Along with Olga and Leslie I am promoting their idea of salad for breakfast. Here is my first contribution: salad mix from Rolling Prairie food coop, cherry tomatoes from Beth's garden, some blue cheese and a blend of Italian cheeses, croutons, a sprinkling of white balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  Accompany with hot coffee.

***

Variations: you can use hardboiled eggs if you want a more breakfasty salad. Crumbled bacon would be good in small amounts as well, but the idea is to be eating healthfully. I had cucumbers and red and green peppers but I decided to keep it simple for my first attempt.

1 comment:

Leslie B. said...

I had cold asparagus with mayonnaise AND vinaigrette AND lemon juice today, covered with that Mediterranean tomato-cucumber salad. Now I want to see about some sort of medley of roasted peppers, vegetables for breakfast. Welcome to the club!