Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Metabolism

I think I have a different metabolism because I often find even short poems to be too long. I think, I could say that in about half the words. That could explain too why people don't find my poems very good: maybe they think the poem is just not enough, that there is not enough there there.

Here is one that I wrote as part of a bad book that ended up being good (imho).



There are skyropes

If you find one

you can climb quite high

past cold clouds



Here's another one:


POEM IN THE PASSIVE VOICE


My book Pristine

was rejected 14 times

but never so cruelly

as by the woman for whom it was written





2 comments:

Andrew Shields said...

That second one has a nice play on "rejected"!

Leslie B. said...

epigrams