Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, July 31, 2015

99. nothing fictional but the accuracy or arrangement / (she

This book of poetry is by Sawako Nakayasu (Quale Press, 2006). All the sentences begin with the implicit pronoun "she" from the title.
can never find the right match - lights her cigarette on the hot
water heater, the gas stove, the broiler, a stick in someone's
mouth - lights everything that way
This book, too is extraordinary. The title implies that nothing in the book is fictional, that it all happened, but that it not accurate or arranged in any kind of logical order corresponding to real chronology. I read this book in one sitting. I've had the book a while, and I know I read it when I first got it and liked it.

No comments: