Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, May 3, 2013

On Not Flipping

If you already have a teaching method in which you basically engaging your students, then "flipping" the classroom is redundant and possibly a way of flipping it back. Notice how people want to smuggle in on-line elements and canned (videotaped) lecture in order to flip the classroom from a presumably lecture-based format that is not really the norm anyway. The strawman of bad, teacher-centered education is used to smuggle in even less progressive techniques. It almost makes me want to lecture now! It is easier to talk for an hour than to engage the students in activities. I love to talk I could talk for hours and hours.

1 comment:

Professor Zero said...

It seems flipping is going to lose. The parents of the K-12 students see right through it.