Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ruzzle

I was playing ruzzle with my daughter. This is a dumb smart* phone game in which you find as many words as possible in two minutes in a 4 x 4 grid of letters. You play against random internet strangers. She is very good at it, and in fact we decided to play in Spanish. She was better at me at the game in Spanish because she can quickly see combinations of letters in statistically probable ways, even though she doesn't know Spanish, and she is lightning fast at the actual manual task of swiping her finger up and down, sideways, and diagonally, and all directions at once. The we tried it in Norwegian and put up a respectable score, even though we know neither Norwegian nor the statistically probable combinations of letters in the language. We found many Norwegian words and didn't lose too badly to someone I'm assuming knows Norwegian quite well.

I'm not sure what this is a metaphor for yet.

___

*Oxymoron deliberate.

No comments: