Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Friday, September 14, 2012

Feeding

Breastfeeding while teaching a class is unprofessional. There, I said it. It's not just breastfeeding discreetly in public, since usually all eyes are directed to the instructor. This professor is an idiot who not only did this, but then tried to suppress a newspaper story about it in an arrogant and high-handed way. The baby is question was crawling on a filthy* classroom floor, putting foreign objects in its mouth. It could have choked on the paper-clip that students observed it putting in its mouth.

*I don't know that the floor was filthy, though that would apply to 95% of classroom floors I have seen in teaching college since 1982.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Oh, you did write about it. I had no idea. :-)

Ooops. . .

I didn't mean you in my critical post, though. That was all directed at the Feministe website.