Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trust

Jonathan is memorizing "Tintern Abbey." I have no idea why, but I've learned not to question what he feels he has to do. For some reason, he needs to memorize this poem, and who am I to stop him? Other things he's done I've had serious doubts about, but it seems to have worked out ok, so I'm not going to try to convince him not to spend hours memorizing a poem by Wordsworth that is way out of his field and unrelated to anything he is working on. He wouldn't listen to me anyway.

2 comments:

Mark said...

This is quite helpful. When I trust myself to do "all that tangential stuff," I am teaching what I know at some level I need to know. This has been proven over and over again. Nice to see this articulated here.

Mark said...

"teaching me"