Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not Breaking the Chain

I have written for about a month using the method of the Seinfeld Chain. The end few days of January plus (by now) almost all of February. If I break the chain, that will be ok, because I can just start a new one. I can't say that I have written brilliantly for all 30 days, but I have maintained continuity. Compared to what I would have done without writing every day, I am quite satisfied. I have put myself in a position to write a chapter in March when I have spring break. After March, I only have April and part of May to teach, before NEXT JANUARY. (Unless I teach a summer class for some extra money, which I might do.) So I will be able to get a whole lot done since writing will be my full-time job for almost 9 months.

To review: the Seinfeld chain involves a calendar, and keeping track of how many days in a row you can write or do significant research on your project.

No comments: