Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Festina lente

This Latin adage collected by Erasmus means "make haste slowly." Some people in the writing group or readers of SMT have been talking about feeling rushed, if they have very little time to work. I recommend working for 10 minutes (if you have 10 minutes) just to see if you can, or working in shorter stretches than you have assumed you can work.

I interpret the adage as meaning: make good use of time, but without rushing or impatience. You never have to push things faster than they need to go, as long as you are not slowing yourself up unnecessarily. Careless speed and slow dithering have a lot in common, actually. Both can lead to error.

No comments: