Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trying on a Style

Now that I have one article in the pipeline with no signposting, I feel ok about doing a bit more in the one I'm working on now. I'm going to temporarily relax and write in a slightly less "classic" style, just to see what that feels like again. There may not be a huge difference in the end, but I think it might be useful to "try on" another style in this new article. See how it fits me.

When you are struggling to write well at all, then it is hard to think about your stylistic options. You are trying to get to the one true style, or trying to make it so style is not an issue in the reception your work gets.

2 comments:

Andrew Shields said...

Can I read the no-signposting article?

Jonathan said...

Ok. I've sent it to your email address in Basel,