Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stop When You're Ahead

When you are writing very well, with an excellent flow of ideas, but have been writing for about two hours, stop.

It might seem counterintuitive, but you gain several advantages. You left off on a good note, rather than stopping in frustration. You did not tire yourself out. The ideas you were working on will still be there the next day, and your subconscious mind will be working on them for the next 22 hours.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

So true. Two weeks ago, I felt very inspired and wrote for 8 hours. I really enjoyed myself and produced a lot of writing. The only problem was that I couldn't write a word for an entire week after that feat.