Featured Post

BFRC

I am posting this as a benchmark, not because I think I'm playing very well yet.  The idea would be post a video every month for a ye...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Restoration

There need to be leisure activities that restore your energy rather than further sapping it. For me, drinking, television, and internet surfing can sap my energy, whereas listening to music, exercise, talking to interesting people, and drawing tend to restore it. You need to have down time, but the down time needs to be restorative.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

You hold a mirror up to my soul, Jonathan. How often do I try to tell myself that drinking and i-surfing (sometimes in combination) are "recreational" activities? How often must I remind myself to put on a Gould or Coltrane CD, or to pick up the sketch pad? (My jogging schedule is pretty solidly entrenched, fortunately.)